Sunday 5 May 2013

Absence and illness, Gardening, Mandibles, Gorgeous Gifts from Family Friends



It’s been a while again, hasn’t it? It’s always been a while nowadays! I mean to be better, but Nanny College is so busy, and exhausting, and recently I’ve caught a lot of germs from children and been rather ill. I mean, it’s all very well washing your hands regularly, but when they cough and sneeze right at your face, there’s very little you can do. I caught hand, foot and mouth from a child, and I’d barely recovered from that than I caught another virus, which wiped me out. So I’ve been home with my parents for a few days, recovering. The problem with viruses is that there’s nothing the doctor can give you to recover more quickly. With bacterial infections they can give you antibiotics, but with viruses it’s the old fashioned bed rest and fluids method. At least my immune system will be stronger at the end of it!

Mamma and I have been in the garden today a little. I still get floppy and tired after too much time doing, so I’m currently on a rest – but we’ve emptied the flower pots, and transplanted a couple of roses into new compost. We went to B and Q this afternoon and picked up some lovely plants to go in the pots, although mamma doesn’t want too many pots that she has to look after.

I also saw a good friend today, Mandibles. She came minus the baby, and had lunch with us. It was great to see her; she is a darling, and I’m so fond of her. She signed some of my paperwork for Norland to do with acquiring experience with newborns. She’s been spending the warm weather clearing her stables, and making progress at backing one of the horses (getting him ready for riding). She put a great photo up of the horse with his saddle on for the first time! Once he’s used to it she’ll start adding things like the stirrups, and so on.


There he is - doesn't he look good!












I came home to a beautiful gift from a family friend. She recently allowed me to make off with most of her baby yarn stash, and photocopies of some of her baby clothes patterns. Well, I came home to find a gift bag containing a baby clothes pattern book; a knitted toys pattern book; and the bits and bobs to create a knitted toy, too! How amazing, how brilliant! Totally unnecessary, but appreciated very much! I can see that it will come in very useful indeed!




I also received another lovely gift from a family friend, who had heard that I wasn't well, and so dropped by with a cheering up present! It came in a lovely, reusable bag made of all recycled materials...












And inside was this...





It's a thermo wheat pack, one of those wheat bags you put in the microwave to heat up! Isn't that sweet of her?! And it has lavender in there too, so when it's warm it should smell amazing and send me right off to sleep!



Well, I have a quilt block I want to do, and some more gardening, before I go tomorrow evening. So I better get on with it!

Love love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...